Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rab25 Antibody #4314
|W IP IF-IC||H||Endogenous||23||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab25 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Rab25 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ile185 of human Rab25 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7 cells, untransfected (-) or transfected (+) with human Rab25, using Rab25 Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF-7 cells (upper) and HeLa cells (lower), using Rab25 Antibody (green). Actin filaments were labeled using DY-554 Phallodin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Rab11a, Rab11b and Rab25 are members of the Rab11 subfamily of small Ras-like GTPases. Unlike universally expressed Rab11, typical Rab25 expression appears to be limited to gastrointestinal mucosa, kidney, and lung (1). Rab25 can associate with apical recycling vesicles to help regulate apical vesicle trafficking (2,3). Atypical Rab25 expression has been associated with various forms of cancer. Increased Rab25 expression is associated with aggressive growth in ovarian and breast cancer, where Rab25 may inhibit apoptosis and promote cancer cell proliferation and invasion through regulation of vesicle transport and cellular motility (4-7). Interaction between Rab25 and β1 integrin promotes vesicle-mediated transport of integrin to pseudopodial tip membranes, fostering the persistent invasion of tumor cells (8). Conversely, the reported loss of Rab25 expression in a number of breast cancer cases has an unclear effect on cancer pathogenesis (9).
- Goldenring, J.R. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 18419-22.
- Casanova, J.E. et al. (1999) Mol Biol Cell 10, 47-61.
- Wang, X. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 29138-46.
- Cheng, K.W. et al. (2004) Nat Med 10, 1251-6.
- Cheng, K.W. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 2516-9.
- Chia, W.J. and Tang, B.L. (2009) Biochim Biophys Acta 1795, 110-6.
- Tang, B.L. and Ng, E.L. (2009) Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 66, 365-70.
- Caswell, P.T. et al. (2007) Dev Cell 13, 496-510.
- Cheng, J.M. et al. (2009) Int J Cancer, (Epub ahead of print).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.