Product Pathways - Translational Control
FMRP Antibody #4317
|4317S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4317||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||80||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
FMRP Antibody detects endogenous levels of total FMRP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human FMRP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Fragile X syndrome, a frequent cause of inherited mental retardation, often results from expansion of the CGG trinucleotide repeat in the gene that encodes the fragile X mental retardation protein (FMRP) (1). FMRP (also known as FMR1) and its two autosomal homologs (FXR1 and FXR2) all bind RNA and play a role in the pathogenesis of fragile X syndrome (1-3). Each of these related proteins can associate with one another as well as form homodimers (3). FMRP can act as a translation regulator and is a component of RNAi effector complexes (RISC), suggesting a role in gene silencing (4). In Drosophila, dFMRP associates with Argonaute 2 (Ago2) and Dicer and coimmunoprecipitates with miRNA and siRNA. These results suggest that fragile X syndrome is related to abnormal translation caused by a defect in RNAi-related pathways (5). In addition, FMRP, FXR1, and FXR2 are components of stress granules (SG) and have been implicated in the translational regulation of mRNAs (6).
- Verkerk, A.J. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 905-14.
- Siomi, M.C. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2401-8.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 5358-66.
- Caudy, A.A. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 2491-6.
- Siomi, H. et al. (2004) Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 10, 68-74.
- Linder, B. et al. (2008) Hum Mol Genet 17, 3236-46.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4173 FXR1 Antibody
- 4247 FXR2 Antibody
- 3363 Dicer Antibody
- 3364 Drosha (D28B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3410 Drosha (D30F3) Rabbit mAb
- 2079 Miwi (G82) Antibody
- 2025 Miwi (D478) Antibody
- 2071 Mili Antibody
- 2897 Argonaute 2 (C34C6) Rabbit mAb
- 4052 THEX1 (D2B4) Rabbit mAb
- 4055 THEX1 (D66A11) Rabbit mAb
- 4049 THEX1 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.