Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (D47E7) XP® Rabbit mAb #4322
|4322S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4322P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4322||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||90||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Monkey, Bovine.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (D47E7) XPTM Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Stat5a only when phosphorylated at Tyr694 and Stat5b when phosphorylated at Tyr699.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr694 of human Stat5a protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from UT-7 cells, untreated or treated with erythropoietin (EPO; 3 units/ml for 5 min), TF-1 cells, untreated or treated with Human Granulocyte Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor #8922 (hGM-CSF; 100ng/ml for 10 min), and NK-92 cells, untreated or treated with Human Interleukin-2 #8907 (hIL-2; 100ng/ml for 10 min), using Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (D47E7) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or total Stat5 (3H7) Rabbit mAb #9358 (lower).
Flow cytometric analysis of TF-1 cells, untreated (blue) or GM-CSF treated (green), using Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (D47E7) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of A-431 cells, EGF-treated (left) or untreated (right), using Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) XP®(D47E7) Rabbit mAb (green) and Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb #4545 (red).
Stat5 is activated in response to a wide variety of ligands including IL-2, GM-CSF, growth hormone and prolactin. Phosphorylation at Tyr694 is obligatory for Stat5 activation (1,2). This phosphorylation is mediated by Src upon erythropoietin stimulation (3). Stat5 is constitutively active in some leukemic cell types (4). Phosphorylated Stat5 is found in some endothelial cells treated with IL-3, which suggests its involvement in angiogenesis and cell motility (5). Stat5a and Stat5b are independently regulated and activated in various cell types. For instance, interferon treatment predominantly activates Stat5a in U-937 cells and Stat5b in HeLa cells (6).
- Gouilleux, F. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 4361-4369.
- Wakao, H. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 2182-2191.
- Okutani, Y. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6643-6650.
- Demoulin, J.B. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 25855-25861.
- Dentelli, P. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 2151-2159.
- Meinke, A. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 6937-6944.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9359 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C11C5) Rabbit mAb
- 9358 Stat5 (3H7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.