Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-ATP-Citrate Lyase (Ser455) Antibody #4331
|4331S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4331||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-ATP-Citrate Lyase (Ser455) Antibody detects endogenous levels of ATP-citrate lyase only when phosphorylated at Ser455 (equivalent to Ser454 in mouse).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser455 of human ATP-citrate lyase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
ATP-citrate lyase (ACL) is a homotetramer that catalyzes the formation of acetyl-CoA and oxaloacetate (OAA) in the cytosol, which is the key step for the biosynthesis of fatty acids, cholesterol and acetylcholine, as well as for glucogenesis (1). Nutrients and hormones regulate the expression level and phosphorylation of ATP-citrate lyase (1,2). It is phosphorylated by GSK-3 on Thr446 and Ser450 (3). Ser455 of ATP-citrate lyase has been reported to be phosphorylated by PKA and Akt (4,5). Phosphorylation on Ser455 abolishes the homotropic allosteric regulation by citrate and enhances the catalytic activity of the enzyme (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4332 ATP-Citrate Lyase Antibody
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 9840 Akt Kinase Assay Kit (Nonradioactive)
- 4051 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (587F11) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9331 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.