Product Pathways - Metabolism
ATP-Citrate Lyase Antibody #4332
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||125||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ATP-Citrate Lyase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ATP-citrate lyase.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human ATP-citrate lyase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography
ATP-citrate lyase (ACL) is a homotetramer that catalyzes the formation of acetyl-CoA and oxaloacetate (OAA) in the cytosol, which is the key step for the biosynthesis of fatty acids, cholestrol and acetylcholine, as well as for glucogenesis (1). Nutrients and hormones regulate the expression level and phosphorylation of ATP-citrate lyase (1,2). It is phosphorylated by GSK-3 on Thr446 and Ser450 (3). Ser455 of ATP-citrate lyase has been reported to be phosphorylated by PKA and Akt (4,5). Phosphorylation on Ser455 abolishes the homotropic allosteric regulation by citrate and enhances the catalytic activity of the enzyme (2).
- Towle, H. C. et al. (1997) Annu. Rev. Nutr. 17, 405-433.
- Potapova, I. A. et al. (2000) Biochemistry 39, 1169-1179.
- Hughes , K. et al. (1992) Biochem. J. 288, 309-314.
- Pierce, M. W. et al. (1982) J. Biol. Chem. 257, 10681-10686.
- Berwick, D. C. et al. (2002) J. Biol.Chem. 277, 33895-33900.
- Zaytseva, Y.Y. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 1504-17. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4331 Phospho-ATP-Citrate Lyase (Ser455) Antibody
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 2966 Akt (5G3) Mouse mAb
- 2967 Akt1 (2H10) Mouse mAb
- 6211 SignalSilence® Akt siRNA I
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.