Product Pathways -
Rabbit IgG Isotype Control (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4340
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
The purified antibody is not directed against any known antigen. It functions as an isotype control for rabbit antibodies.
Source / Purification
The antibody was isolated from naive rabbit sera and prepared by affinity chromotography. The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions with a F/P ratio of 2-6.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, using Rabbit IgG Isotype Control (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) (red) compared to Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (193H12) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #2336, untreated (green) or LY294002 and wortmannin treated (blue).
Rabbit IgG was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 fluorescent dye under optimal conditions and tested in-house for direct flow cytometric analysis of human and mouse cells.
Directions for Use
This control antibody must be diluted to the same concentration (not dilution) as the specific antibody used for analysis. Higher background fluorescence may result if excessive amounts of rabbit IgG isotype control are used. Do not use this antibody at a 1:50 dilution as recommended for other CST Alexa Fluor® conjugated antibodies.
Isotype control antibodies are used to estimate the nonspecific binding of target primary antibodies due to Fc receptor binding or other protein-protein interactions. An isotype control antibody should have the same immunoglobulin type and be used at the same concentration as the test antibody.
- Hosoya, S. et al. Vet Res 42, 111. Applications: Flow Cytometry
- Anand, S. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 1610-21. Applications: Flow Cytometry
- Mirlashari, M.R. et al. (2012) Leuk Res 36, 499-508. Applications: Flow Cytometry
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2336 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (193H12) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4854 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) (2F9) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4886 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 9669 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 9708 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Antibody (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 9719 Phospho-Histone H2A.X (Ser139) (20E3) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4323 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.