Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IRAK1 Antibody (Human Specific) #4359
|W IF-IC||H Mk||Endogenous||78, 105||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IRAK1 (Human Specific) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total IRAK1 protein. No cross reactivity was detected with other family members at physiological conditions.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding glycine 696 of human IRAK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, 293, and MCF7 cells using IRAK1 (Human Specific) Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from THP-1 cells, differentiated with TPA (#9905, 80 nM for 24h) and treated with 1 μg/ml LPS for the indicated times, using IRAK1 Antibody (Human Specific).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HT-1080 cells using IRAK1 Antibody (Human Specific) (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye ).
Interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) is a serine/threonine-specific kinase that can be coprecipitated in an IL-1-inducible manner with the IL-1 receptor (1). The mammalian family of IRAK molecules contains four members (IRAK1, IRAK2, IRAK3/IRAK-M, and IRAK4). The binding of IL-1 to IL-1 receptor type I (IL-1RI) initiates the formation of a complex that includes IL-1RI, AcP, MyD88, and IRAKs (2). IRAK undergoes autophosphorylation shortly after IL-1 stimulation. The subsequent events involve IRAK dissociation from the IL-1RI complex, its ubiquitination, and its association with two membrane-bound proteins: TAB2 and TRAF6. The resulting IRAK-TRAF6-TAB2 complex is then released into the cytoplasm where it activates protein kinase cascades, including TAK1, IKKs, and the stress-activated kinases (3).
- Dinarello, C.A. (1996) Blood 87, 2095-147.
- Takaesu, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 2475-84.
- Janssens, S. and Beyaert, R. (2003) Mol Cell 11, 293-302.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4367 IRAK2 Antibody
- 4369 IRAK-M Antibody
- 4363 IRAK4 Antibody
- 4769 IRAK Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9971 Toll-like Receptor Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4084 DRAQ5®
- 2975 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 6253 SignalSilence® IRAK1 siRNA I
- 6228 SignalSilence® IRAK1 siRNA II
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.