Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody #4364
|4364S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4364||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody detects endogenous levels of RIP2 only when phosphorylated at Ser176. Background bands of unknown origin and higher molecular weight are detected.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser176 of human RIP2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PMA differentiated THP-1 cell lysates untreated or treated with LPS, using Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts and immunoprecipitates from PMA differentiated, LPS induced (10 minutes) THP-1 cell lysates (lane 1). Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) was immunoprecipitated with Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody (lane 2), and specificity was confirmed by immunprecipitation with rabbit IgG (lane 3). Immunoblot was performed using Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody.
Receptor Interacting Protein 2 (RIP2) is a serine/threonine kinase with a carboxy-terminal caspase activation and recruitment domain (CARD). Association of RIP2 with the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) causes activation of NF-κB and induction of apoptosis (1-3). Expression of RIP2 is induced in macrophages upon exposure to bacterial cell wall components, such as LPS. RIP2-deficient mouse models demonstrate that this kinase integrates and transduces signals for both the innate and adaptive immune system (4,5).
Serine 176 is a regulatory autophosphorylation site and can be used to monitor the activation state of RIP2 (6).
- Inohara, N. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 12296-12300.
- McCarthy, J.V. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 16968-16975.
- Thome, M. et al. (1998) Curr. Biol. 8, 885-888.
- Chin, A.I. et al. (2002) Nature 416, 190-194.
- Kobayashi, K. et al. (2002) Nature 416, 194-199.
- Dorsch, M. et al. (2006) Cell. Signal. 18, 2223-2229.
- Dorsch, M. et al. (2006) Cell Signal 18, 2223-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4982 RIP2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.