Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Phospho-Bad (Ser136) (D25H8) Rabbit mAb #4366
|4366S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4366P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4366||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||23||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Bad (Ser136) (D25H8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Bad only when phosphorylated at Ser136 (equivalent to Ser99 in human and Ser137 in rat).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser136 of mouse Bad protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from ACHN cells, untreated or treated with Human Epidermal Growth Factor #8916 (100 ng/ml, 30 min), and C2C12 cells, untreated or insulin-treated (100 nM, 30 min), using Phospho-Bad (Ser136) (D25H8) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Bad (D24A9) Rabbit mAb #9239 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7 cells, treated with Human Epidermal Growth Factor #8916 (100 ng/ml, 30 min) in the presence or absence of calf intestinal phosphatase (CIP) plus lambda-phosphatase, using Phospho-Bad (Ser136) (D25H8) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Bad (D24A9) Rabbit mAb #9239 (lower).
Western blot analysis of lysates containing Bad Control Proteins #9293, comprised of nonphosphorylated and phosphorylated Bad peptides, using Phospho-Bad (Ser136) (D25H8) Rabbit mAb.
Bad is a proapoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family that promotes cell death by displacing Bax from binding to Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (1,2). Survival factors, such as IL-3, inhibit the apoptotic activity of Bad by activating intracellular signaling pathways that result in the phosphorylation of Bad at Ser112 and Ser136 (2). Phosphorylation at these sites promotes binding of Bad to 14-3-3 proteins to prevent an association between Bad with Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (2). Akt phosphorylates Bad at Ser136 to promote cell survival (3,4). Bad is phosphorylated at Ser112 both in vivo and in vitro by p90RSK (5,6) and mitochondria-anchored PKA (7). Phosphorylation at Ser155 in the BH3 domain by PKA plays a critical role in blocking the dimerization of Bad and Bcl-xL (8-10).
- Yang, E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 285-291.
- Zha, J. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 619-628.
- Datta, S.R. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 231-241.
- Peso, L. et al. (1997) Science 278, 687-689.
- Bonni, A. et al. (1999) Science 286, 1358-1362.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 34859-34867.
- Harada, H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 3, 413-422.
- Tan, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25865-25869.
- Lizcano, J. et al. (2000) Biochem. J. 349, 547-557.
- Datta, S. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 41-51.
- Kasahara, K. et al. (2013) Nat Commun 4, 1882. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5286 Phospho-Bad (Ser136) (185D10) Rabbit mAb
- 9239 Bad (D24A9) Rabbit mAb
- 9292 Bad Antibody
- 9293 Bad Control Proteins
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.