Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IRAK2 Antibody #4367
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||62||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IRAK2 Antibody detects endogeneous levels of total IRAK2 protein. Cross-reactivity was not detected with other family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxy terminus of human IRAK2. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat, Raji and K562 cell lines, using IRAK2 Antibody #4367.
Interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) is a serine/threonine-specific kinase that can be coprecipitated in an IL-1-inducible manner with the IL-1 receptor (1). The mammalian family of IRAK molecules contains four members (IRAK1, IRAK2, IRAK3/IRAK-M, and IRAK4). The binding of IL-1 to IL-1 receptor type I (IL-1RI) initiates the formation of a complex that includes IL-1RI, AcP, MyD88, and IRAKs (2). IRAK undergoes autophosphorylation shortly after IL-1 stimulation. The subsequent events involve IRAK dissociation from the IL-1RI complex, its ubiquitination, and its association with two membrane-bound proteins: TAB2 and TRAF6. The resulting IRAK-TRAF6-TAB2 complex is then released into the cytoplasm where it activates protein kinase cascades, including TAK1, IKKs, and the stress-activated kinases (3).
Unlike IRAK1 and IRAK4, IRAK2 and IRAK-M do not have significant kinase activity although they can still activate NF-κB when overexpressed (4,5). Antisense oligonucleotide depletion of IRAK2 can inhibit IL-1 mediated NF-κB activation (6).
- Dinarello, C.A. (1996) Blood 87, 2095-147.
- Takaesu, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 2475-84.
- Janssens, S. and Beyaert, R. (2003) Mol Cell 11, 293-302.
- Wesche, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 19403-10.
- Muzio, M. et al. (1997) Science 278, 1612-5.
- Guo, F. et al. (1999) Inflammation 23, 535-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4359 IRAK1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 4369 IRAK-M Antibody
- 4363 IRAK4 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.