Product Pathways - Metabolism
UGT Antibody #4371
|W||H M R||Endogenous||55-60||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
UGT Antibody detects endogenous levels of proteins from the UGT1A subfamily.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of the UGT1A subfamily. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Glucuronidation is a major pathway that enhances the elimination of lipophilic xenobiotics and endobiotics to more more water soluble compounds for excretion (1,2). The UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) superfamily catalyzes the glucuronidation of the glycosyl group of a nucleotide sugar to a variety of endogenous and exogenous compounds. Over 100 UGT mammalian gene products have been described and have been divided into subfamilies based on sequence identities (3). The UGT1 subfamily consists of a number of gene products resulting from alternative splicing. These UGT products can differ in tissue expression and substrate specificity. Also, marked differences in the individual expression of UGT isoforms can account for differences in drug metabolism.
- Wells, P.G. et al. (2004) Drug Metab. Dispos. 32, 281-90.
- King, C.D. et al. (2000) Curr. Drug Metab. 1, 143-61.
- Mackenzie, P.I. et al. (2005) Pharmacogenet. Genomics 15, 677-85.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.