Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #4375
|F||H M||Endogenous||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugate) detects endogenous levels of p44 and p42 MAP kinase (Erk1 and Erk2) when dually phosphorylated at Thr202 and Tyr204. This antibody does not cross-react with the corresponding phosphorylated residues of either SAPK/JNK or p38 MAP kinase.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Thr202/Tyr204 of human p44 MAP kinase. This antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions with an F/P ratio of 2-6. The Alexa Fluor® 647 dye is maximally excited by red light (e.g. 633 nm He-Ne laser). Antibody conjugates of the Alexa Fluor® 647 dye produce bright far-red-fluorescence emission, with a peak at 665 nm.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to Alexa Fluor®647 fluorescent dye and tested in-house for direct flow cytometric analysis of human and mouse cells. The unconjugated antibody #9106 reacts with human, mouse, rat, monkey, mink, pig, hamster, bovine, D. melanogaster and zebra fish phospho p44/p42 protein. CST expects that Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugate) will also recognize p44/42 MAPK in these species.
Mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) are a widely conserved family of serine/threonine protein kinases involved in many cellular programs, such as cell proliferation, differentiation, motility, and death. The p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) signaling pathway can be activated in response to a diverse range of extracellular stimuli including mitogens, growth factors, and cytokines (1-3), and research investigators consider it an important target in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer (4). Upon stimulation, a sequential three-part protein kinase cascade is initiated, consisting of a MAP kinase kinase kinase (MAPKKK or MAP3K), a MAP kinase kinase (MAPKK or MAP2K), and a MAP kinase (MAPK). Multiple p44/42 MAP3Ks have been identified, including members of the Raf family, as well as Mos and Tpl2/COT. MEK1 and MEK2 are the primary MAPKKs in this pathway (5,6). MEK1 and MEK2 activate p44 and p42 through phosphorylation of activation loop residues Thr202/Tyr204 and Thr185/Tyr187, respectively. Several downstream targets of p44/42 have been identified, including p90RSK (7) and the transcription factor Elk-1 (8,9). p44/42 are negatively regulated by a family of dual-specificity (Thr/Tyr) MAPK phosphatases, known as DUSPs or MKPs (10), along with MEK inhibitors, such as U0126 and PD98059.
- Roux, P.P. and Blenis, J. (2004) Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 68, 320-44.
- Baccarini, M. (2005) FEBS Lett 579, 3271-7.
- Meloche, S. and Pouysségur, J. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3227-39.
- Roberts, P.J. and Der, C.J. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3291-310.
- Rubinfeld, H. and Seger, R. (2005) Mol Biotechnol 31, 151-74.
- Murphy, L.O. and Blenis, J. (2006) Trends Biochem Sci 31, 268-75.
- Dalby, K.N. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 1496-505.
- Marais, R. et al. (1993) Cell 73, 381-93.
- Kortenjann, M. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 4815-24.
- Owens, D.M. and Keyse, S.M. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3203-13.
- Soond, D.R. et al. (2010) Blood 115, 2203-13. Applications: Flow Cytometry
- Kalland, M.E. et al. (2011) J Immunol 187, 5233-45. Applications: Flow Cytometry
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4370 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (D13.14.4E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 4374 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 9100 PhosphoPlus® p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody Kit
- 4695 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (137F5) Rabbit mAb
- 2985 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.