Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKD Substrate Antibody #4381
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKD Substrates Antibody detects peptides and proteins containing a phospho-Ser/Thr residue with arginine at the -3 position and leucine at the -5 position, prefering proline at the -1 position within the motif. The antibody may cross-react with some peptides and proteins containing an arginine residue at -3 position and a hydrophobic or basic residue at the -5 position. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phospho-PKD substrate peptide. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells transfected with pcDNA or with activated PKD (S744E/S748E), using PKD Substrates Antibody (Arrow points to active PKD as well as inducible bands).
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated or PMA-treated (100 nM), using PKD Substrates Antibody. Arrows point to PMA-inducible bands. (Provided by Dr. Alex Toker, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School).
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKD Substrates Antibody DELFIA® Assay: Signal-to-noise ratio of phospho- versus nonphospho-peptides. (T* and S* denote phosphorylated threonine and serine.) (DELFIA® is a registered trademark of PerkinElmer, Inc.)
Protein kinase D1 (PKD1), also called PKCμ, is one member of the protein kinase D family. PKD members are serine/threonine protein kinases implicated in very diverse cellular functions including cell growth and survival, Golgi organization and immune response (1). The information about the natural substrates of PKD is limited (2,3). The enzyme recognizes and phosphorylates the following consensus sequence: LXRXXS/T. Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKD Substrate Antibody recognizes phosphorylated PKD substrates at their consensus motif, providing a powerful new tool for PKD target discovery and characterization as well as HTS drug screening for potential kinase regulators.
- Rykx, A. et al. (2003) FEBS Lett 546, 81-6.
- Nishikawa, K. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 952-60.
- Iglesias, T. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 40048-56.
- Doppler, H. et al. (2005) A Phosphorylation State-Specific Antibody Recognizes HSP27, a Novel Substrate of Protein Kinase D. Journal of Biological Chemistry , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
License/Use Restrictions: Use of CST Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patent No.'s 7,198,896 & 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.