Product Pathways - TGF-beta/Smad Signaling
Gremlin Antibody #4383
|4383S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4383||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Gremlin Antibody detects transfected levels of total gremlin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Val170 of human gremlin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Gremlin is a secreted antagonist of bone morphogenetic proteins that play important roles during development. Gene targeting generates gremlin deficient mice that die shortly after birth due to absent kidneys and defects in lung septation (1-3). Gremlin also plays a role in cardiomyogenesis and angiogenesis (4,5). TGF-β can induce gremlin expression under pathological conditions. Gremlin colocalizes with TGF-β in tubulointerstitial fibrosis associated with chronic allograft nephropathy and is expressed in diabetic nephropathy in vivo (6-8). Gremlin is widely expressed in cancer associated stromal cells and can enhance cancer cell proliferation (9).
- Zúñiga, A. et al. (1999) Nature 401, 598-602.
- Zuniga, A. et al. (2004) Genes Dev 18, 1553-64.
- Michos, O. et al. (2004) Development 131, 3401-10.
- Stabile, H. et al. (2007) Blood 109, 1834-40.
- Kami, D. et al. (2008) PLoS ONE 3, e2407.
- Carvajal, G. et al. (2008) Transplant Proc 40, 734-9.
- McMahon, R. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 9901-4.
- Dolan, V. et al. (2005) Am J Kidney Dis 45, 1034-9.
- Sneddon, J.B. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103, 14842-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4693 BMP7 Antibody
- 9511 Phospho-Smad1 (Ser463/465)/ Smad5 (Ser463/465)/ Smad8 (Ser426/428) Antibody
- 9516 Phospho-Smad1/5 (Ser463/465) (41D10) Rabbit mAb
- 9517 Smad5 Antibody
- 9515 Smad4 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.