Product Pathways - Translational Control
ATP2A2/SERCA2 Antibody #4388
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||114||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ATP2A2/SERCA2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ATP2A2/SERCA2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence around Leu32 of human ATP2A2/SERCA2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The ATP2A2 (SERCA2) calcium pump is one of several sarcoplasmic and endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPases responsible for regulating calcium transport across intracellular membranes (1). Multiple isoforms have been isolated, with ATP2A2a (SERCA2a) found predominantly in the sarcoplasmic reticulum of muscle cells and ATP2A2b (SERCA2b) more ubiquitously expressed in the endoplasmic reticulum of most cell types (2). An isoform containing a truncated carboxy region (ATP2A2c) is expressed in epithelial and hematopoietic cell lines and may be involved in monocyte differentiation (3). Post-translational modification of ATP2A2 (SERCA2), including phosphorylation and tyrosine nitration, modify Ca2+ -ATPase activity and calcium transport (4,5). Mutation in the corresponding ATP2A2 (SERCA2) gene results in Darier disease, a skin disorder characterized by the presence of dark, keratotic papules or rash found on the head and torso (6).
- Vangheluwe, P. et al. (2005) Cell Calcium 38, 291-302.
- de Smedt, H. et al. (1991) J Biol Chem 266, 7092-5.
- Gélébart, P. et al. (2003) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303, 676-84.
- Hawkins, C. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biochem 142, 131-8.
- Viner, R.I. et al. (1999) Biochem J 340 ( Pt 3), 657-69.
- Sakuntabhai, A. et al. (1999) Hum Mol Genet 8, 1611-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4219 ATP2A1/SERCA1 (L24) Antibody
- 4274 ATP2A1/SERCA1 (A988) Antibody
- 2679 Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 3192 PERK (C33E10) Rabbit mAb
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 2895 CHOP (L63F7) Mouse mAb
- 3597 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) (119A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.