Product Pathways - Protein Stability
β-TrCP (D13F10) Rabbit mAb #4394
|4394S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4394||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||62||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
β-TrCP (D13F10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total β-TrCP protein. The antibody also recognizes a 40 kDa band of unknown origin.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ile69 of human β-TrCP protein.
β-transducin repeat-containing protein (β-TrCP or FBW1A) is an F-box family protein characterized by the presence of the protein-protein mediating F-box domain first described in cyclin F. F-box proteins act as substrate adaptors that target proteins containing a specific phosphorylated sequence element, referred to as a phosphodegron, to the SCF E3 ubiquitin ligase complex for ubiquitination (1,2). β-TrCP targets many important proteins with diverse functions, such as p53, H-Ras, Smad4, IκBα, β-catenin, and the cell cycle checkpoint protein claspin, for ubiquitin-mediated degradation (3-5). Research studies have shown that inhibition of β-TrCP expression has a demonstrated benefit in the treatment of prostate cancer (6).
- Bour, S. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 15920-8.
- Kusmierczyk, A.R. and Hochstrasser, M. (2008) Biol Chem 389, 1143-51.
- Wan, M. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 14484-7.
- Mailand, N. et al. (2006) Mol Cell 23, 307-18.
- Frescas, D. and Pagano, M. (2008) Nat Rev Cancer 8, 438-49.
- Gluschnaider, U. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e9060.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 2156 Skp1 Antibody
- 4995 CUL1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.