Product Pathways - Protein Stability
RBX1 Antibody #4397
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||13||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RBX1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total RBX1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human RBX1 protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
RING-box protein 1 (RBX1 or ROC1) is an essential component of two distinct but structurally related E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes, the SCF complex and the CBC (VHL) complex (1). RBX1 mediates the neddylation of CUL1, which activates SCF E3 ligase by facilitating the ubiquitin transfer from E2 to substrates (2-4). The RING finger domain of RBX1 is required for ubiquitin ligation (5). Two evolutionarily conserved mammalian RBX family members, RBX1/ROC1 and RBX2/ROC2/SAG, have been identified (5). RBX1 is constitutively expressed and binds to CUL2/VHL, while stress-inducible RBX2 binds to CUL5/SOCS (6).
- Zheng, N. et al. (2002) Nature 416, 703-9.
- Kamura, T. et al. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 2928-33.
- Morimoto, M. et al. (2003) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301, 392-8.
- Pan, Z.Q. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 1985-97.
- Sun, Y. et al. (2001) Antioxid Redox Signal 3, 635-50.
- Gu, Q. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 3616-25.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.