Product Pathways - TGF-beta/Smad Signaling
ACVR1 Antibody #4398
|W||H M Mk||Endogenous||57||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ACVR1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ACVR1 protein. The antibody also cross-reacts with 35 kDa and 95 kDa bands of unknown origin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human ACVR1 protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The activin A receptor type 1 (ACVR1) is a membrane associated serine/threonine kinase receptor that binds activin A and related TGF-β superfamily growth factors, including bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP2) and BMP4, 6 and 7 (1-3). Functional activin receptors are composed of a pair of type I and type II activin receptor proteins. Following ligand binding, ACVR1 is phosphorylated by its type II binding partner, which allows recruitment and activation of receptor regulated SMAD (R-Smad) proteins (4). Phosphorylation of R-Smad proteins results in their translocation to the nucleus where R-Smads stimulate transcription of target genes (5). Mutations in the corresponding ACVR1 gene are associated with the genetic developmental disorders hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia and fibrodysplasia ossificans progressive (6,7).
- Attisano, L. et al. (1993) Cell 75, 671-80.
- Macías-Silva, M. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 25628-36.
- Ho, C.C. and Bernard, D.J. (2009) Biol Reprod 81, 133-41.
- Attisano, L. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 1066-73.
- Attisano, L. and Wrana, J.L. (2000) Curr Opin Cell Biol 12, 235-43.
- Shore, E.M. et al. (2006) Nat Genet 38, 525-7.
- Letteboer, T.G. et al. (2005) Hum Genet 116, 8-16.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.