Product Pathways - Protein Stability
MIB1 Antibody #4400
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MIB1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MIB1 protein. This antibody does not recognize the Ki-67 (MK167) protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human MIB1 protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Mindbomb homolog 1 (MIB1) is an E3 ligase that facilitates the ubiquitination and the subsequent endocytosis of the Notch ligands, Delta and Jagged (1,2). MIB1 appears to promote the ubiquitination and degradation of death-associated protein kinase (DAPK1) in vitro (3). Expression of MIB1 is seen in both adult and embryonic murine tissues (4). Recently, MIB1 was reported to regulate the extrinsic cell death pathway by binding to cellular FLICE-like inhibitory proteins (cFLIP-L and cFLIP-S), which reduces the interaction of caspase-8 with cFLIP and leads to cell death (5). MIB1 is also involved in T and marginal zone B (MZB) cell development in the lymphopoietic niches (6).
- Koo, B.K. et al. (2005) Development 132, 3459-70.
- Matsuda, M. and Chitnis, A.B. (2009) Development 136, 197-206.
- Zhang, L. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 11795-804.
- Jin, Y. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 46980-6.
- Zhang, L. and Gallagher, P.J. (2009) Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297, C1275-83.
- Song, R. et al. (2008) J Exp Med 205, 2525-36.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.