Product Pathways - Development
FoxP1 (D35D10) XP® Rabbit mAb #4402
|4402S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4402P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4402||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||82-90||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
FoxP1 (D35D10) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total FoxP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu584 of human FoxP1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using FoxP1 (D35D10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using FoxP1 (D35D10) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of MOLT-4 cells using FoxP1 (D35D10) XP® Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 Raji cells and either 5 µl of FoxP1 (D35D10) XP® Rabbit mAb, or 2 µl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729, using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human BCL2 Promoter Primers #12924, SimpleChIP® Human HSP90B1 Promoter Primers #12899, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Forkhead box (Fox) proteins are a family of evolutionarily conserved transcription factors containing a sequence known as Forkhead box or winged helix DNA binding domain (1). The human genome contains 43 Fox proteins that are divided into subfamilies. The FoxP subfamily has four members, FoxP1 - FoxP4, which are broadly expressed and play important roles in organ development, immune response and cancer pathogenesis (2-4). The FoxP subfamily has several characteristics that are atypical among Fox proteins: their Forkhead domain is located at the carboxy-terminal region and they contain motifs that promote homo- and heterodimerization. FoxP proteins usually function as transcriptional repressors (4,5).
FoxP1 plays an important role in cardiac valve and B cell development. Targeted deletion of FoxP1 in mice results in embryonic death at E14.5 with severe defects in cardiac outflow development, endocardial cushion morphogenesis, and myocyte proliferation and maturation (6). The FoxP1 gene is located on chromosome 3p14.1 and loss of heterozygosity of this region in multiple cancer types suggests a role for FoxP1 as a tumor suppressor (7). Alternatively, FoxP1 may also act as an oncogene as it is highly expressed in a variety of B cell malignancies and is frequently involved in chromosome translocation (8,9).
- Myatt, S.S. and Lam, E.W. (2007) Nat Rev Cancer 7, 847-59.
- Shu, W. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 27488-97.
- Lu, M.M. et al. (2002) Gene Expr Patterns 2, 223-8.
- Koon, H.B. et al. (2007) Expert Opin Ther Targets 11, 955-65.
- Li, S. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 809-22.
- Wang, B. et al. (2004) Development 131, 4477-87.
- Banham, A.H. et al. (2001) Cancer Res 61, 8820-9.
- Wlodarska, I. et al. (2005) Leukemia 19, 1299-305.
- Goatly, A. et al. (2008) Mod Pathol 21, 902-11.
- Chen, Z. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e20475. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 2005 FoxP1 Antibody
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 12899 SimpleChIP® Human HSP90β Promoter Primers
- 12924 SimpleChIP® Human Bcl-2 Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.