Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
TWEAK Receptor/Fn14 Antibody #4403
|W IP||H M R B||Endogenous||14-17||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TWEAK Receptor/Fn14 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TWEAK Receptor/Fn14 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of the TWEAK Receptor/Fn14. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The receptor for TWEAK, fibroblast growth factor-inducible 14 (Fn14), is a member of the TNF superfamily of receptors thought to be involved in cell growth, adhesion and migration (1). Its expression is regulated by a number of different growth factors (1,2). Elevated expression is also seen in some cancers including hepatocellular carcinomas (3), glioblastomas (4), and pancreatic cancer (5). The receptor contains a binding site for members of the TNFR-associated factor (TRAF) family that promotes the activation of NF-κB (1,6). Recent studies have suggeted some therapeutic potential of TWEAK and its receptor signaling in regards to autoimmunity and cancer treatment (7-9).
- Wiley, S.R. et al. (2001) Immunity 15, 837-46.
- Nakayama, M. et al. (2003) J. Immunol. 170, 341-8.
- Feng, S.L. et al. (2000) Am. J. Pathol. 156, 1253-61.
- Tran, N.L. et al. (2003) Am. J. Pathol. 162, 1313-21.
- Han, H. et al. (2002) Cancer Res. 62, 2890-6.
- Brown, S.A. et al. (2003) Biochem J. 371, 395-403.
- Desplat-Jégo, S. et al. (2005) Clin. Immunol. 117, 15-23.
- Mueller, A.M. et al. (2005) J. Neuroimmunol. 159, 55-65.
- Winkles, J.A. et al. (2006) Cancer Lett 235, 11-7.
- Dogra, C. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 15000-10. Applications: Western Blotting
- Shan, W. et al. (2008) Toxicol Sci 105, 418-28. Applications: Western Blotting
- Vince, J.E. et al. (2008) J Cell Biol 182, 171-84. Applications: Western Blotting
- Ikner, A. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21546-54. Applications: IP Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3707 TNF-α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.