Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007) (D15E2) Rabbit mAb #4406
|W||H M (R) (Mk) (B)||Endogenous||125||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007) (D15E2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Jak2 when phosphorylated at Tyr1007. This antibody can also detect double phosphorylation at Tyr1007 and Tyr1008. Cross-reactivity may be observed with phosphorylated Jak3 and Tyk2.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1007 of human Jak2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from UT-7 cells, untreated or treated with erythropoietin (EPO; 3 units/ml; 5 min) and from untreated HEL cells, using Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007) (D15E2) Rabbit mAb (upper) or total Jak2 (D2E12) Rabbit mAb #3230 (lower). HEL cells contain a V617F activating mutation in Jak2.
Members of the Janus family of tyrosine kinases (Jak1, Jak2, Jak3, and Tyk2) are activated by ligands binding to a number of associated cytokine receptors (1). Upon cytokine receptor activation, Jak proteins become autophosphorylated and phosphorylate their associated receptors to provide multiple binding sites for signaling proteins. These associated signaling proteins, such as Stats (2), Shc (3), insulin receptor substrates (4), and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) (5), typically contain SH2 or other phospho-tyrosine-binding domains.
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu Rev Immunol 16, 293-322.
- Darnell, J.E. (1997) Science 277, 1630-5.
- VanderKuur, J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 7587-93.
- Argetsinger, L.S. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 14685-92.
- Zhu, T. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 10682-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3776 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) (C80C3) Rabbit mAb
- 3230 Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.