Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Paip2A Antibody #4422
|4422S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4422||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||25||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Paip2A Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Paip2A protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human Paip2A. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The eukaryotic mRNA 3' poly(A) tail interacts with the 5' cap structure to regulate translation of mRNA transcripts (1). The eIF4G translation initiation factor associates with poly(A) binding protein (PABP) to circularize mRNA (1,2). Paip1 is a PABP interacting protein that binds eIF4A to stimulate translation (3). A second PABP binding protein, Paip2, inhibits translation by interfering with PABP function. Specifically, Paip2 reduces the affinity of PABP for poly(A) RNA and competes with Paip1 for PABP binding (1,2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4992 PABP1 Antibody
- 3505 Asymmetric-Methyl-PABP1 (Arg455/Arg460) (C60A10) Rabbit mAb
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2617 eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 3468 eIF4G2/p97 (D1A10) Rabbit mAb
- 2013 eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 2067 eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.