Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
CARD11 (1D12) Rabbit mAb #4435
|W||H M (R) (Mk)||Endogenous||130||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CARD11 (1D12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total CARD11 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding threonine 175 of CARD11.
CARD11/Carma1/Bimp3 belongs to the MAGUK (membrane-associated guanylate kinase) family that typically function as molecular scaffolds in the assembly of multiprotein complexes (1,2). MAGUK family members contain an SH3 domain, a PDZ domain and a GuK domain homologous to guanylate kinase. In addition, CARD11 contains an amino-terminal CARD domain (caspase recruitment domain). This domain plays an important role in forming interactions with a number of proteins containing CARD domains that are involved in regulating apoptosis and NF-κB activation. CARD11 is predominately expressed in lymphocytes (1,2) and associates with the CARD domain of Bcl10. When overexpressed, CARD11 leads to the phosphorylation of Bcl10 and activation of NF-κB (1,2). CARD11 is constitutively associated with lipid rafts and is thought to function by recruiting Bcl10 and MALT1 and triggering the phosphorylation of IKKs (3,4). Several studies using the genetic disruption of CARD11 or dominant-negative mutations have demonstrated that it plays a critical role in NF-κB activation and lymphocyte signaling (4-7).
- Bertin, J. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 11877–11882.
- Gaide, O. et al. (2001) FEBS Lett. 496, 121-127.
- Stilo, R. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 34323-34331.
- Wang, D. et al. (2002) Nat. Immunol. 3, 830-835.
- Jun, J.E. et al. (2003) Immunity 18, 751-762.
- Hara, H. et al. (2003) Immunity 18, 763-775.
- Gaide, O. et al. (2002) Nat. Immunol. 3, 836-843.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4440 CARD11 Antibody
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 9246 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.