Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CaMKII (pan) (D11A10) Rabbit mAb #4436
|W||H M R||Endogenous||60, 50||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CaMKII (pan) (D11A10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total CaMKII protein. The peptide sequence used as the antigen is 100% conserved between CaMKII-alpha, gamma and delta, and 88% conserved in CaMKII-beta.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Val184 of human CaMKII-alpha.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (lane 1) or expressing CaMKII-α (lane2), CaMKII-β (lane 3) or CaMKII-γ (lane 4) using CaMKII (pan) (D11A10) Rabbit mAb.
CaMKII is an important member of the calcium/calmodulin-activated protein kinase family, functioning in neural synaptic stimulation and T cell receptor signaling (1,2). CaMKII has catalytic and regulatory domains. Ca2+/calmodulin binding to the CaMKII regulatory domain relieves autoinhibition and activates the kinase (3). The activated CaMKII further autophosphorylates at Thr286 to render the kinase constitutively active (3). The threonine phosphorylation state of CaMKII can be regulated through PP1/PKA. PP1 (protein phosphatase 1) dephosphorylates phospho-CaMKII at Thr286. PKA (protein kinase A) prevents phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) dephosphorylation through an inhibitory effect on PP1 (4).
- Hughes, K. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 36008-36013.
- Barria, A. et al. (1997) Science 276, 2042-2045.
- Barkai, U. et al. (2000) Mol. Endocrinol. 14, 554-563.
- Makhinson, M. et al. (1999) J. Neurosci. 19, 2500-2510.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 3357 CaMKII-α Antibody
- 4032 CaMKIV Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.