Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
TWEAK Antibody #4437
|4437S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4437||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TWEAK Antibody detects recombinant and transfected levels of TWEAK protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding His110 of human Tweak protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct overerexpressing human TWEAK (+), using TWEAK Antibody.
TWEAK (TNFSF12/Apo-3L) is a member of the TNF superfamily of cytokines that are typically involved in immune regulation, inflammation, and apoptosis (1,2). TWEAK mRNA is expressed in a variety of tissues and cell lines, with higher levels observed in the heart, brain, skeletal muscle and within the immune system (1). Like other family members TWEAK is a type II transmembrane protein that can also be proteolytically processed to form a soluble cytokine. Soluble TWEAK is a weak inducer of apoptosis in some cell lines (1). The receptor for TWEAK, known as TWEAKR or fibroblast growth factor inducible 14 (Fn14), is a relatively small member of the TNF receptor family (3). TWEAK signaling has been associated with apoptosis, proliferation, migration, angiogenesis, and inflammation (4). Recent studies have suggested some therapeutic potential of TWEAK and its receptor signaling in regards to autoimmunity, cancer, and vascular injury (5-8).
- Chicheportiche, Y. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 32401-10.
- Marsters, S.A. et al. (1998) Curr Biol 8, 525-8.
- Wiley, S.R. et al. (2001) Immunity 15, 837-46.
- Wiley, S.R. and Winkles, J.A. (2003) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 14, 241-9.
- Desplat-Jégo, S. et al. (2005) Clin Immunol 117, 15-23.
- Mueller, A.M. et al. (2005) J Neuroimmunol 159, 55-65.
- Winkles, J.A. et al. (2006) Cancer Lett 235, 11-7.
- Ortiz, A. et al. (2009) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 20, 251-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4403 TWEAK Receptor/Fn14 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.