Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
CARD11 Antibody #4440
|4440S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4440||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||130||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
CARD11 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CARD11 protein. Cross-reactivity was not detected with other family members at physiological conditions.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding methionine 362 of human CARD11. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CARD11/Carma1/Bimp3 belongs to the MAGUK (membrane-associated guanylate kinase) family that typically function as molecular scaffolds in the assembly of multiprotein complexes (1,2). MAGUK family members contain an SH3 domain, a PDZ domain and a GuK domain homologous to guanylate kinase. In addition, CARD11 contains an amino-terminal CARD domain (caspase recruitment domain). This domain plays an important role in forming interactions with a number of proteins containing CARD domains that are involved in regulating apoptosis and NF-κB activation. CARD11 is predominately expressed in lymphocytes (1,2) and associates with the CARD domain of Bcl10. When overexpressed, CARD11 leads to the phosphorylation of Bcl10 and activation of NF-κB (1,2). CARD11 is constitutively associated with lipid rafts and is thought to function by recruiting Bcl10 and MALT1 and triggering the phosphorylation of IKKs (3,4). Several studies using the genetic disruption of CARD11 or dominant-negative mutations have demonstrated that it plays a critical role in NF-κB activation and lymphocyte signaling (4-7).
- Bertin, J. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 11877–11882.
- Gaide, O. et al. (2001) FEBS Lett. 496, 121-127.
- Stilo, R. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 34323-34331.
- Wang, D. et al. (2002) Nat. Immunol. 3, 830-835.
- Jun, J.E. et al. (2003) Immunity 18, 751-762.
- Hara, H. et al. (2003) Immunity 18, 763-775.
- Gaide, O. et al. (2002) Nat. Immunol. 3, 836-843.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 9246 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.