Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CD3ε (CD3-12) Rat mAb #4443
|W IP F||H M (Pg)||Endogenous||21||Rat IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD3ε (CD3-12) Rat mAb detects endogenous levels of CD3ε protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region surrounding Pro184 of human CD3ε.
Western blot analysis of total cell lysates from DND41 and Molt4 cells using CD3ε (CD3-12) Rat mAb.
When T cells encounter antigens via the T cell receptor (TCR), information about the quantity and quality of antigens is relayed to the intracellular signal transduction machinery (1). This activation process depends mainly on CD3 (Cluster of Differentiation 3), a multiunit protein complex that directly associates with the TCR. CD3 is composed of four polypeptides: ζ, γ, ε and δ. Each of these polypeptides contains at least one immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM) (2). Engagement of TCR complex with foreign antigens induces tyrosine phosphorylation in the ITAM motifs and phosphorylated ITAMs function as docking sites for signaling molecules such as ZAP-70 and p85 subunit of PI-3 kinase (3,4). TCR ligation also induces a conformational change in CD3ε, such that a proline-region is exposed and then associates with the adapter protein Nck (5).
- Kuhns, M.S. et al. (2006) Immunity 24, 133-139.
- Pitcher, L.A. and van Oers, N.S. (2003) Trends Immunol. 24, 554-560.
- Osman, N. et al. (1996) Eur. J. Immunol. 26, 1063-1068.
- Hatada, M.H. et al. (1995) Nature 377, 32-38.
- Gil, D. et al. (2002) Cell 109, 901-912.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 2705 Zap-70 (99F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2704 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody
- 2752 Lck Antibody
- 9166 LAT Antibody
- 3581 Phospho-LAT (Tyr171) Antibody
- 3584 Phospho-LAT (Tyr191) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.