Product Pathways - Metabolism
CCTα Antibody #4454
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CCTα Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CCTα protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human CCTα protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase (CCT) is a critical enzyme that regulates the CDP-choline pathway for the biosynthesis of phosphatidylcholine. Three distinct CCT isoforms are found in mammals, including CCTα, CCTβ2, and CCTβ3 (1,2). CCTα is the major isoform that is expressed in most tissues (3). CCTα is essential in the synthesis and secretion of surfactant by alveolar epithelial cells and is important in maintaining the phosphatidylcholine level that regulates lipoprotein assembly and secretion in hepatocytes (4,5). CCTα is a major component in membrane biogenesis during cytokine secretion by stimulated macrophages (6). Monoubiquitination of CCTα prevents it from entering the nucleus and leads to its degradation by lysosome (7).
- Jackowski, S. and Fagone, P. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 853-6.
- Clement, J.M. and Kent, C. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 257, 643-50.
- Karim, M. et al. (2003) Biochim Biophys Acta 1633, 1-12.
- Tian, Y. et al. (2007) Mol Cell Biol 27, 975-82.
- Jacobs, R.L. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 47402-10.
- Tian, Y. et al. (2008) J Cell Biol 181, 945-57.
- Chen, B.B. and Mallampalli, R.K. (2009) Mol Cell Biol 29, 3062-75.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.