Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Nna1 Antibody #4456
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||145||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Nna1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Nna1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp1175 of human Nna1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography
Nervous system nuclear protein induced by axotomy 1 (Nna1, AGTPBP1 or cytosolic carboxypeptidase-1) is related to zinc carboxypeptidases and contains an ATP/GTP binding motif, a basic and a bipartite nuclear localization signal. Nna1 expression is rapidly induced in motor neurons following axotomy and down-regulated following reinnervation, which is consistent with abundant Nna1 expression in differentiating neurons and the absence of Nna1 in CNS proliferative zones (1). Furthermore, Purkinje cell degeneration is characterized by adult onset neurodegeneration resulting from Nna1 gene mutations, implicating Nna1 in mechanisms common to degeneration and regeneration (2).
- Harris, A. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Neurosci 16, 578-96.
- Fernandez-Gonzalez, A. et al. (2002) Science 295, 1904-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.