Product Pathways - Metabolism
ARK5 Antibody #4458
|W||H M R Mk (B)||Endogenous||78||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ARK5 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ARK5 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human ARK5. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
AMP-activated protein kinases (AMPKs) constitute a serine/threonine protein kinase family, which is highly conserved from yeast to plants and animals and plays a key role in the regulation of energy homeostasis (1). AMPKα1, AMPKα2, MELK and SNARK are the catalytic subunits in the family (2). Recently, AMPK-related protein kinase ARK5 was identified, which shares 84% similarity with the sequence of the catalytic domain of SNARK (2). In vitro, Akt phosphorylates ARK5 at Ser600. This phosphorylation activates ARK5, which in turn results in the increased phosphorylation of the SAMS peptide, an AMPK consensus substrate (2). In vivo experiments showed that Akt-activated ARK5 is critical for the survival of cells under glucose starvation (2). Furthermore, studies also linked ARK5 to tumor invasion (3, 4). Overexpressed ARK5 leads to higher tumor growth rate (3). For example, the overexpression of ARK5 in pancreatic tumor cell line PANC-1 significantly elevates its metastasis in the liver (4).
- Hardie, D.G. (2004) J. Cell Sci. 117, 5479-87.
- Suzuki, A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 48-53.
- Suzuki, A. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell Biol. 24, 3526-35.
- Kusakai, G. et al. (2004) J. Exp. Clin. Cancer Res. 23, 263-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2532 AMPKα Antibody
- 4148 AMPKβ2 Antibody
- 4187 AMPKγ1 Antibody
- 2536 AMPKγ2 Antibody
- 4150 AMPKβ1/2 (57C12) Rabbit mAb
- 2531 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) Antibody
- 2535 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb
- 4184 Phospho-AMPKα1 (Ser485) Antibody
- 4181 Phospho-AMPKβ1 (Ser108) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.