Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Ran Antibody #4462
|W||H M R Hm Mk B (Dm) (X)||Endogenous||24||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey Dm=D. melanogaster X=Xenopus B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ran Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Ran protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other small GTPases of the Ras family.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with two synthetic peptides corresponding to amino acids surrounding Arg29 and Asn143 of human Ran. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Ran is a small GTPase of the Ras family that plays a central role in the spacial and temperal organization of eukaryotic cells. During interphase, Ran-GDP localizes to the cytoplasm and Ran-GTP to the nucleus. This polarized localization of Ran ensures its role in nuclear transport (1). During mitosis, Ran-GTP is chromatin associated, where it promotes spindle assembly and nuclear envolope formation (1,2). In S phase, Ran-GTP associates with and inhibits MCM helicase, ensuring precise chromosomal DNA duplication during the cell cycle (3).
- Quimby, B.B. and Dasso, M. (2003) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 15, 338-344.
- Hetzer, M. et al. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, 177-184.
- Yamaguchi, R. and Newport, J. (2003) Cell 113, 115-125.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3965 Ras Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.