Product Pathways - Protein Folding
Hop Antibody #4464
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||64||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Hop Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Hop protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human Hop. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
HOP, also known as stress-induced phospho protein 1 (STIP), is a co-chaperone to the major heat shock proteins, Hsp70 and Hsp90, and appears in early receptor complexes (1,2). Through mutual binding to both Hsp70 and Hsp90, Hop functions as an adaptor that can integrate Hsp70 and Hsp90 interactions (3,4). HOP is an abundant and highly conserved protein which is composed of three tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) domains (TPR1, TPR2a and TPR2b) and two DP repeat domains (DP1 and DP2), whose function has not been fully resolved (5).
- Smith, D.F. et al. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 869-76.
- Smith, D.F. (1993) Mol Endocrinol 7, 1418-29.
- Chen, S. and Smith, D.F. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 35194-200.
- Nelson, G.M. et al. (2003) Cell Stress Chaperones 8, 125-33.
- Carrigan, P.E. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 8906-11.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 4872 HSP70 Antibody
- 4875 HSP90 (E289) Antibody
- 4874 HSP90 Antibody
- 2723 Hip Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.