Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Keratin 7 (D1E4) XP® Rabbit mAb #4465
|W IF-IC F||H||Endogenous||52||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Keratin 7 (D1E4) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total keratin 7 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human keratin 7 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and MCF7 cells using Keratin 7 (D1E4) XP® Rabbit mAb. Note that MCF7 cells are negative for Keratin 7, as expected.
Flow cytometric analysis of MCF7 (blue) and HeLa (green) cells using Keratin 7 (D1E4) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa (left) and MCF7 (right) cells using Keratin 7 (D1E4) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Keratins (cytokeratins) are intermediate filament proteins that are mainly expressed in epithelial cells. Keratin heterodimers composed of an acidic keratin (or type I keratin, keratins 9 to 23) and a basic keratin (or type II keratin, keratins 1 to 8) assemble to form filaments (1,2). Keratin isoforms demonstrate tissue- and differentiation-specific profiles that make them useful as biomarkers (1). Research studies have shown that mutations in keratin genes are associated with skin disorders, liver and pancreatic diseases, and inflammatory intestinal diseases (3-6).
Keratin 7 and Keratin 19 are present in hepatic and pancreatic progenitor/stem cells (7,8).
- Moll, R. et al. (1982) Cell 31, 11-24.
- Chang, L. and Goldman, R.D. (2004) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5, 601-13.
- Ramaekers, F.C. and Bosman, F.T. (2004) J Pathol 204, 351-4.
- Lane, E.B. and McLean, W.H. (2004) J Pathol 204, 355-66.
- Zatloukal, K. et al. (2004) J Pathol 204, 367-76.
- Owens, D.W. and Lane, E.B. (2004) J Pathol 204, 377-85.
- Iyer, A. et al. (2008) Hum Pathol 39, 1370-7.
- Meier, K. et al. (2009) Ann Anat 191, 70-82.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4545 Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.