Product Pathways - Adhesion
Scribble Antibody #4475
|4475S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4475||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Scribble Antibody detects endogenous levels of total scribble protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding Gly1237 of human scribble protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography
Scribble (Scrib) was originally identified in a genetic screen in Drosophila along with cell polarity determinants Discs Large (Dlg) and Lethal giant larvae (Lgl). Drosophila mutants homozygous for these genes share similar phenotypes, including the loss of apicobasal cell polarity and neoplastic tissue overgrowth. These phenotypic similarities suggest that these three proteins function in a common pathway important for establishing and maintaining apicobasal polarity in epithelial cells (1,2). Scribble contains many leucine-rich repeats and PDZ domains important for localizing scribble to adherens junctions and basolateral regions of mammalian epithelial cells (3). Scribble reportedly binds β-catenin, APC, E-cadherin and the E6 protein from high-risk virus type of HPV through a short motif important for E6-induced cell transformation (4-8). Overexpression of scribble inhibits transformation of rodent epithelial cells by HPV E6/7 proteins (8).
- Bilder, D. and Perrimon, N. (2000) Nature 403, 676-80.
- Bilder, D. et al. (2000) Science 289, 113-6.
- Humbert, P.O. et al. (2008) Oncogene 27, 6888-907.
- Sun, Y. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Cell 20, 3390-400.
- Qin, Y. et al. (2005) J Cell Biol 171, 1061-71.
- Navarro, C. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 4330-9.
- Takizawa, S. et al. (2006) Genes Cells 11, 453-64.
- Nguyen, M.L. et al. (2003) J Virol 77, 6957-64.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3507 Sav1 Antibody
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 2149 TAZ Antibody
- 4883 TAZ (V386) Antibody
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 3932 Vimentin (R28) Antibody
- 3877 Phospho-Vimentin (Ser56) Antibody
- 3878 Phospho-Vimentin (Ser83) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.