Product Pathways - Phosphatases
Phospho-PTPα (Tyr789) Antibody #4481
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||145||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PTPα (Tyr789) Antibody detects endogenous levels of PTPα only when phosphorylated at Tyr789. This antibody does not cross-react with other phosphorylated receptor tyrosine phosphatases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr789 of human PTPα. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
PTPα (PTPRA) is a transmembrane receptor tyrosine phosphatase implicated in the regulation of Src family kinases during the G2 to mitosis entry point. Two identified splice variants differ in the size of the extracellular region; the shorter form appears to be ubiquitously expressed while the larger protein is more limited in distribution (1). The cytoplasmic region of PTPα contains two putative catalytic domains. One phosphatase domain (D1) exhibits catalytic activity while the other (D2) may regulate phosphatase activity by allowing receptor dimer formation (2,3). PTPα is a physiological regulator of Src and Src family kinases (4). Constitutive phosphorylation of the carboxy-terminal Tyr789 of PTPα is essential for dephosphorylation of Src at Tyr527. Phosphorylation of PTPα at this residue also allows binding of the Grb2 inhibitor, restricting PTPα activation of Src (5,6). PKC-mediated phosphorylation of the PTP at Ser180 and Ser204 also increases PTPα phosphatase activity (7).
- Kapp, K. et al. (2007) Genes Cells 12, 63-73.
- Blanchetot, C. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 47263-9.
- Krueger, N.X. et al. (1990) EMBO J 9, 3241-52.
- den Hertog, J. et al. (1993) EMBO J 12, 3789-98.
- Zheng, X.M. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 964-78.
- Zheng, X.M. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 21922-9.
- Tracy, S. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 10587-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2101 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) Antibody
- 2102 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr416) (7G9) Mouse mAb
- 2105 Phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 2107 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9375 Phospho-PKCα/β II (Thr638/641) Antibody
- 9376 Phospho-PKCδ/θ (Ser643/676) Antibody
- 9374 Phospho-PKCδ (Thr505) Antibody
- 9377 Phospho-PKCθ (Thr538) Antibody
- 9378 Phospho-PKCζ/λ (Thr410/403) Antibody
- 3972 GRB2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.