Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
THEMIS Antibody #4482
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
THEMIS Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total THEMIS protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human THEMIS protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
THEMIS is a recently identified protein found to be critical for T cell development (1-5). It contains two amino-terminal globular domains, a nuclear localization signal, and a carboxy-terminal proline-rich sequence with homology to SH3 binding domains (2,3). THEMIS is detected in both the cytoplasm and the nucleus (2). It is expressed at low levels in mature T cells and during thymocyte development, with expression peaking in CD4+CD8+ double positive cells (1-5). THEMIS is tyrosine phosphorylated downstream of TCR signaling and associates with the adaptor GRB2 and possibly other SH3 domain-containing proximal TCR signaling molecules (1-5). Mice lacking THEMIS have a defect in positive selection that results in decreased numbers of both single positive thymocytes and mature T cells (1-5).
- Johnson, A.L. et al. (2009) Nat Immunol 10, 831-9.
- Lesourne, R. et al. (2009) Nat Immunol 10, 840-7.
- Fu, G. et al. (2009) Nat Immunol 10, 848-56.
- Kakugawa, K. et al. (2009) Mol Cell Biol 29, 5128-35.
- Patrick, M.S. et al. (2009) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106, 16345-50.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.