Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-Tpl2 (Ser400) Antibody #4491
|W||R (H) (M)||Transfected Only||60, 62||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Tpl2 (Ser400) Antibody detects transfected Tpl2 only when phosphorylated at Ser400. This antibody does not cross-react with other phosphorylated MAP kinase kinase kinases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a mixture synthetic phosphorylated peptides corresponding to residues surrounding Ser400 of human, mouse and rat Tpl2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untransfected or transfected with rat Tpl2 , using Phospho-Tpl2 (Ser400) Antibody (upper) and Tpl2 Antibody #4492 (lower). In lane 3, Tpl2 transfected COS cell lysate was treated with λ phosphatase to demonstrate the phospho-specificity of Phospho-Tpl2 (Ser400) Antibody.
Tpl2 (tumor progression locus 2), also known as COT (cancer osaka thyroid), is a serine/threonine kinase expressed primarily in hematopoietic tissues, lung and liver (1). Over-expression of Tpl2 potentiates MAP kinase pathways through MEK1 and SEK1, as well as through MKK6 and MEK5 (2,3). Tpl2 is also engaged in NF-κB activation through NF-κB inducing kinase (NIK), or by inducing phosphorylation and degradation of the NF-κB precusor, p105 NF-κB1 (4,5). Ser400 of Tpl2 is phosphorylated in an Akt-dependent manner. This phosphorylation is required for Tpl2-induced NF-κB-dependent transcription (6). Tpl2 also activates caspase-3 by promoting the assembly of a protein complex of Apaf1 (apoptotic protease-activating factor 1), caspase-9, Tpl2, adaptor protein Tvl1 and procaspase-3 (7).
- Patriotis, C. et al. (1993) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90, 2251-5.
- Salmeron, A. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 817-26.
- Chiariello, M. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 1747-58.
- Lin, X. et al. (1999) Immunity 10, 271-80.
- Belich, M.P. et al. (1999) Nature 397, 363-8.
- Kane, L.P. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 5962-74.
- Patriotis, C. et al. (2001) J Cell Physiol 187, 176-87.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.