Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
NIPA Antibody #4497
|W||H Mk||Endogenous||60-65 kDa||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NIPA Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NIPA protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino acid sequence surrounding Ala130 of human NIPA. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
NIPA (nuclear interaction partner of ALK) is an F-box-containing protein that is an essential component of the SCF-type E3 ligase (SCFNIPA) complex, a complex that controls the completion of S-phase and mitotic entry (1). This control is mediated by the ubiquitination and subsequent degradation of cell cycle regulatory proteins, whose oscillation of protein levels is required for proper cell cycle progression (2).Expression levels of NIPA are low in G0/G1 phases and upregulated in S and G2/M phases. The SCFNIPA complex targets nuclear cyclin B1 for ubiquitination in interphase, whereas phosphorylation of NIPA in late G2 phase and mitosis inactivates the complex to allow for accumulation of cyclin B1 (3). NIPA may have an anti-apoptotic role in NPM-ALK-mediated signaling events (4).
- Bassermann, F. et al. (2005) Cell 122, 45-57.
- Bassermann, F. et al. (2005) Cell Cycle 4, 1515-7.
- Bassermann, F. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 15965-72.
- Ouyang, T. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 30028-36.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.