Product Pathways - Protein Stability
Phospho-CYLD (Ser418) Antibody #4500
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-CYLD (Ser418) Antibody detects endogenous levels of CYLD protein only when phosphorylated on Ser418.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser418 of human CYLD protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CYLD is a cytoplasmic deubiquitinating enzyme encoded by a tumor suppressor gene altered in individuals diagnosed with cylindromatosis, a genetic condition characterized by benign tumors of skin appendages (1,2). Functional CYLD deubiquitinase regulates inflammation and cell proliferation by down regulating NF-κB signaling through removal of ubiquitin chains from several NF-κB pathway proteins (3,4). CYLD is a negative regulator of proximal events in Wnt/β-catenin signaling and is a critical regulator of natural killer T cell development (5,6). The transcription factor Snail can inhibit CYLD expression, resulting in melanoma cell proliferation (7).
CYLD can be phosphorylated at Ser418 by the noncanonical IKK family member IKKε. Phosphorylation at Ser418 decreases CYLD deubiquitinase activity and is important for IKKε-driven transformation (8).
- Biggs, P.J. et al. (1995) Nat Genet 11, 441-3.
- Sun, S.C. (2010) Cell Death Differ 17, 25-34.
- Regamey, A. et al. (2003) J Exp Med 198, 1959-64.
- Glittenberg, M. and Ligoxygakis, P. (2007) Fly (Austin) 1, 330-2.
- Tauriello, D.V. et al. (2010) Mol Cell 37, 607-19.
- Lee, A.J. et al. (2010) EMBO J 29, 1600-12.
- Massoumi, R. et al. (2009) J Exp Med 206, 221-32.
- Hutti, J.E. et al. (2009) Mol Cell 34, 461-72.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4495 CYLD Antibody
- 4174 TPA (12-O-Tetradecanoylphorbol-13-Acetate)
- 8902 Human Tumor Necrosis Factor-α (hTNF-α)
- 4724 TRAF2 (C192) Antibody
- 9258 SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb
- 4764 NF-κB p65 (C22B4) Rabbit mAb
- 8462 CYLD (D1A10) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.