Product Pathways - Metabolism
IRS-2 Antibody #4502
|W||H M R||Endogenous||185||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IRS-2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total IRS-2 protein. It does not cross-react with IRS-1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human IRS-2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from CHO IR/4PS cells (transfected with insulin receptor and IRS-2) or CHO IR/IRS-1 cells (transfected with insulin receptor and IRS-1), showing no change in total protein levels with insulin stimulation (100 nM for 5 min), using IRS-2 Antibody (top) or IRS-1 Antibody #2382 (bottom).
Insulin Receptor Substrate 2 (IRS-2) is one of the major substrates of the insulin receptor kinase (1). In vertebrates, IRS-2 functions as a scaffolding protein to coordinate separate branches of the Insulin/IGF-signaling cascades (2). IRS-2 is essential for normal nutrient homeostasis because it mediates both peripheral insulin action and the effect of IGF-1 on B-cell growth. Mice lacking IRS-2 fail to maintain sufficient compensatory insulin secretion and develop diabetes as young adults (3).
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1991) Nature 352, 73-77.
- White, M.F. (2002) Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 283, E413-E422.
- Withers, D.J. et al. (1998) Nature 391, 900-904.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3089 IRS-2 (L1326) Antibody
- 2382 IRS-1 Antibody
- 2381 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody
- 2386 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) Antibody
- 2388 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser636/639) Antibody
- 2389 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser789) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2384 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) Antibody
- 2390 IRS-1 (59G8) Rabbit mAb
- 3193 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (L7B8) Mouse mAb
- 3194 IRS-1 (L3D12) Mouse mAb
- 3066 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr1222) Antibody
- 3070 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr895) Antibody
- 3203 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (C15H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2580 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser332/336) Antibody
- 3014 Insulin (C27C9) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.