Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IRAK1 (D51G7) XP® Rabbit mAb #4504
|W IP IF-IC||H M Mk||Endogenous||78, 105||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IRAK1 (D51G7) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total IRAK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxyl terminus of mouse IRAK1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from RD, 293 and A20 cells using IRAK1 (D51G7) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7 cells, either mock transfected or transfected with human IRAK1, using IRAK1 (D51G7) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from THP-1, mouse embryonic fibroblast (MEF), RAW264.7 and NIH/3T3 cells using IRAK1 (D51G7) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® IRAK1 siRNA I (+) or SignalSilence® IRAK1 siRNA II #6228 (+), using IRAK1 (D51G7) XP® Rabbit mAb #4504 (upper) or α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125 (lower). The IRAK1 (D51G7) XP® Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of IRAK1 expression, while the α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used as a loading control.
Interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) is a serine/threonine-specific kinase that can be coprecipitated in an IL-1-inducible manner with the IL-1 receptor (1). The mammalian family of IRAK molecules contains four members (IRAK1, IRAK2, IRAK3/IRAK-M, and IRAK4). The binding of IL-1 to IL-1 receptor type I (IL-1RI) initiates the formation of a complex that includes IL-1RI, AcP, MyD88, and IRAKs (2). IRAK undergoes autophosphorylation shortly after IL-1 stimulation. The subsequent events involve IRAK dissociation from the IL-1RI complex, its ubiquitination, and its association with two membrane-bound proteins: TAB2 and TRAF6. The resulting IRAK-TRAF6-TAB2 complex is then released into the cytoplasm where it activates protein kinase cascades, including TAK1, IKKs, and the stress-activated kinases (3).
- Dinarello, C.A. (1996) Blood 87, 2095-147.
- Takaesu, G. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 2475-84.
- Janssens, S. and Beyaert, R. (2003) Mol Cell 11, 293-302.
- Pallotta, M.T. et al. (2011) Nat Immunol 12, 870-8. Applications: Western Blotting
- Geraghty, P. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 30211-8. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4359 IRAK1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6253 SignalSilence® IRAK1 siRNA I
- 6228 SignalSilence® IRAK1 siRNA II
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.