Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
TAK1 Antibody #4505
|4505S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4505||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Bovine||Endogenous||78 to 82||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Xenopus.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TAK1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TAK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy-terminus of human TAK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from untreated or IL-1 treated 293-IL-1R cells, and extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, C6, and COS cells, using TAK1 Antibody.
TAK1 is a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase that can be activated by TGF-β, bone morphogenetic protein and other cytokines including IL-1 (1,2). In vivo activation of TAK1 requires association with TAK1 binding protein 1 (TAB1), which triggers phosphorylation of TAK1 (3,4). Another adaptor protein, TAB2, links TAK1 with TRAF6 and mediates TAK1 activation upon IL-1 stimulation (5). Once activated, TAK1 phosphorylates MAPK kinases MKK4 and MKK3/6, which activate p38 MAPK and JNK, respectively. In addition, TAK1 activates the NF-κB pathway by interacting with TRAF6 and phosphorylating the NF-κB inducing kinase (NIK) (2).
- Yamaguchi, K. et al. (1995) Science 270, 2008-2011.
- Ninomiya-Tsuji, J. et al. (1999) Nature 398, 252-256.
- Shibuya, H. et al. (1996) Science 272, 1179-1182.
- Sakurai, H. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett. 474, 141-145.
- Takaesu, G. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 4, 649-658.
- Morales-Alamo, D. et al. (2012) J Appl Physiol 113, 917-28. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Sarkar, S. et al. (2011) Mol Cell Biol 31, 602-15. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4508 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) (90C7) Rabbit mAb
- 4531 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) Antibody
- 4536 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr187) Antibody
- 4537 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.