Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb #4511
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R Mk Mi Pg Sc (Hm) (C) (Z) (B)||Endogenous||43||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey C=Chicken Mi=Mink Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine Pg=Pig Sc=S. cerevisiae
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of p38 MAPK only when phosphorylated at Thr180 and Tyr182. This antibody does not cross-react with the phosphorylated forms of either p42/44 MAPK or SAPK/JNK.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr180/Tyr182 of human p38 MAPK.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS and 293 cells, untreated or UV-treated, using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or p38 MAPK Antibody #9212 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded 293T cell pellets, untreated (left) or UV-treated (right), using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, untreated (blue) or anisomycin-treated (green), using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
p38 MAP kinase (MAPK), also called RK (1) or CSBP (2), is the mammalian orthologue of the yeast HOG kinase that participates in a signaling cascade controlling cellular responses to cytokines and stress (1-4). Four isoforms of p38 MAPK, p38α, β, γ (also known as Erk6 or SAPK3), and δ (also known as SAPK4) have been identified. Similar to the SAPK/JNK pathway, p38 MAPK is activated by a variety of cellular stresses including osmotic shock, inflammatory cytokines, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), UV light, and growth factors (1-5). MKK3, MKK6, and SEK activate p38 MAPK by phosphorylation at Thr180 and Tyr182. Activated p38 MAPK has been shown to phosphorylate and activate MAPKAP kinase 2 (3) and to phosphorylate the transcription factors ATF-2 (5), Max (6), and MEF2 (5-8).SB203580 (4-(4-fluorophenyl)-2-(4-methylsulfinylphenyl)-5-(4-pyridyl)-imidazole) is a selective inhibitor of p38 MAPK. This compound inhibits the activation of MAPKAPK-2 by p38 MAPK and subsequent phosphorylation of HSP27 (9). SB203580 inhibits p38 MAPK catalytic activity by binding to the ATP-binding pocket, but does not inhibit phosphorylation of p38 MAPK by upstream kinases (10).
- Rouse, J. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1027-1037.
- Han, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 808-811.
- Lee, J.C. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 739-746.
- Freshney, N.W. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1039-1049.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 7420-7426.
- Zervos, A.S. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92, 10531-10534.
- Zhao, M. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 21-30.
- Yang, S.H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 4028-4038.
- Cuenda, A. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett 364, 229-33.
- Kumar, S. et al. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263, 825-31.
- Bruchas, M.R. et al. (2011) Neuron 71, 498-511. Applications: IF-P (paraffin)
- Won, A.P. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 9809-14. Applications: Western Blotting
- Rohani, M.G. et al. (2010) BMC Immunol 11, 53. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1170 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Blocking Peptide
- 9913 Phospho-p38 MAPK Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9213 p38 MAPK Control Cell Extracts
- 9215 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 2371 p38α MAPK (7D6) Rabbit mAb
- 9217 p38α MAPK (5F11) Mouse mAb
- 9228 p38α MAPK (L53F8) Mouse mAb
- 2339 p38β MAPK (C28C2) Rabbit mAb
- 2308 p38δ MAPK (10A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9216 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb
- 4631 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2307 p38γ MAPK Antibody
- 8690 p38 MAPK (D13E1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9212 p38 MAPK Antibody
- 9218 p38α MAPK Antibody
- 9214 p38δ MAPK Antibody
- 9210 PhosphoPlus® p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody Kit
- 9219 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Mouse mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 6908 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate)
- 8203 PhosphoPlus® p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody Duet
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.