Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
PLK1 (208G4) Rabbit mAb #4513
|W IP IHC-P||H R Mk||Endogenous||62||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PLK1 (208G4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of of total PLK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human PLK1.
Western blot analysis of GSK-PLK1 fusion protein and extracts from HeLa, COS and PC12 cells, using PLK1 (208G4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using PLK1 (208G4) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using PLK1 (208G4) Rabbit mAb.
At least four distinct polo-like kinases exist in mammalian cells: PLK1, PLK2, PLK3, and PLK4/SAK (1). PLK1 apparently plays many roles during mitosis, particularly in regulating mitotic entry and exit. The mitosis promoting factor (MPF), cdc2/cyclin B1, is activated by dephosphorylation of cdc2 (Thr14/Tyr15) by cdc25C. PLK1 phosphorylates cdc25C at Ser198 and cyclin B1 at Ser133 causing translocation of these proteins from the cytoplasm to the nucleus (2-5). PLK1 phosphorylation of Myt1 at Ser426 and Thr495 has been proposed to inactivate Myt1, one of the kinases known to phosphorylate cdc2 at Thr14/Tyr15 (6). Polo-like kinases also phosphorylate the cohesin subunit SCC1, causing cohesin displacement from chromosome arms that allow for proper cohesin localization to centromeres (7). Mitotic exit requires activation of the anaphase promoting complex (APC) (8), a ubiquitin ligase responsible for removal of cohesin at centromeres, and degradation of securin, cyclin A, cyclin B1, Aurora A, and cdc20 (9). PLK1 phosphorylation of the APC subunits Apc1, cdc16, and cdc27 has been demonstrated in vitro and has been proposed as a mechanism by which mitotic exit is regulated (10,11).Substitution of Thr210 with Asp has been reported to elevate PLK1 kinase activity and delay/arrest cells in mitosis, while a Ser137Asp substitution leads to S-phase arrest (12). In addition, while DNA damage has been found to inhibit PLK1 kinase activity, the Thr210Asp mutant is resistant to this inhibition (13). PLK1 has been reported to be phosphorylated in vivo at Ser137 and Thr210 in mitosis; DNA damage prevents phosphorylation at these sites (14).
- Nigg, E.A. (1998) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 10, 776-783.
- Toyoshima-Morimoto, F. et al. (2002) EMBO Rep. 3, 341-348.
- Toyoshima-Morimoto, F. et al. (2001) Nature 410, 215-220.
- Peter, M. et al. (2002) EMBO Rep. 3, 551-556.
- Jackman, M. et al. (2003) Nat. Cell Biol. 5, 143-148.
- Nakajima, H. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 25277-25280.
- Sumara, I. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell 9, 515-525.
- Hauf, S. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1320-1323.
- Peters, J.M. (1999) Exp. Cell Res. 248, 339-349.
- Kraft, C. et al. (2003) EMBO J. 22, 6598-6609.
- Kotani, S. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell 1, 371-380.
- Jang, Y.J. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 44115-20.
- Smits, V.A. et al. (2000) Nat Cell Biol 2, 672-6.
- Tsvetkov, L. and Stern, D.F. (2005) Cell Cycle 4, 166-71.
- Watt, S.A. et al. (2011) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4535 PLK1 Antibody
- 9529 Phospho-cdc25C (Ser198) Antibody
- 4131 Phospho-Cyclin B1 (Ser147) Antibody
- 4135 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb
- 4282 Myt1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3258 PLK4 Antibody
- 4896 PLK3 (D14F12) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.