Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser257) (C36C11) Rabbit mAb #4514
|W F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||44||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser257) (C36C11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of SEK1/MKK4 phosphorylated at Ser257 .
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser257/Thr261 of human SEK1/MKK4.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines, untreated or treated with sorbitol or UV, as indicated, using Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser257) (C36C11) Rabbit mAb.
SAPK/Erk kinase (SEK1), also known as MKK4 or Jun kinase kinase (JNKK), activates the MAP kinase homologues SAPK and JNK in response to various cellular stresses and inflamatory cytokines (1-3). Activation of SEK1 occurs through MEKK phosphorylation of serine and threonine residues at positions 257 and 261, respectively. Like MEK, SEK is a dual-specificity protein kinase that phosphorylates SAPK/JNK at a conserved T*PY* site in its activation loop (4). Phosphorylation by Akt at Ser80 inhibits SEK1 and suppresses stress-activated signal transduction (5).
- Davis, R.J. (1994) Trends Biochem. Sci. 19, 470-473.
- Sanchez, I. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 794-798.
- Yan, M. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 798-800.
- Kyriakis, J.M. et al. (1994) Nature 369, 156-160.
- Park, H. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 2573-2578.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3346 SEK1 (5C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9151 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Thr261) Antibody
- 9152 SEK1/MKK4 Antibody
- 9155 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser80) Antibody
- 9156 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser257/Thr261) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.