Product Pathways - Adhesion
Cool1/βPix Antibody #4515
|W IP||H M R Hm Mk||Endogenous||81||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cool1/βPix Antibody detects endogenous levels of total cool1/βPix protein. The antibody does not cross-react with cool2/αPix.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the center of human cool1/βPix. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Cool/Pix proteins comprise a family of guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs) localized to focal adhesions. The family consists of two isoforms, cool2/αpix and cool1/βPix, the latter having two splice variants that vary in their carboxy termini (1). Cool1/βPix, like other GEFs, has a DH (Dbl homology) domain, which allows binding of small GTPases and GDP/GTP exchange, and a PH (Pleckstrin homology) domain, which is important in regulating subcellular localization. Cool1/βPix also has an SH3 domain, which binds to the PAK kinase, a downstream effector of cdc42 and Rac (3,4). Phosphorylation of cool1/βPix by PAK2 downstream of MAPK signaling alters the localization of a complex containing PAK2 and cool-1/βPix, regulating formation of growth cones in response to growth factors (4). Growth factor induced activation of Rac1 via cool1/βPix was later shown to occur independently of subcellular localization (5). Endothelin-1 stimulation of mesangial cells stimulates the protein kinase A (PKA) pathway, resulting in translocation of cool-1/βPix and activation of cdc42 (6).
- Koh, C.G. et al. (2001) J. Cell Sci. 114, 4239-4251.
- Manser, E. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell 1, 183-192.
- Bagrodia, S. and Cerione, R.A. (1999) Trends Cell Biol. 9, 350-355.
- Shin, E.Y. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 44417-44430.
- Shin, E.Y. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 1994-2004.
- Chahdi, A. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 578-584.
- Daubon, T. et al. (2011) Mol Cell Biol 31, 4430-41. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2461 Phospho-Rac1/cdc42 (Ser71) Antibody
- 2462 Cdc42 Antibody
- 2466 Cdc42 (11A11) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.