Product Pathways - Translational Control
mTOR (L27D4) Mouse mAb #4517
|4517S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4517||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||289||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
mTOR (L27D4) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total mTOR protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human mTOR protein.
The mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR, FRAP, RAFT) is a Ser/Thr protein kinase (1-3) that functions as an ATP and amino acid sensor to balance nutrient availability and cell growth (4,5). When sufficient nutrients are available, mTOR responds to a phosphatidic acid-mediated signal to transmit a positive signal to p70 S6 kinase and participate in the inactivation of the eIF4E inhibitor, 4E-BP1 (6). These events result in the translation of specific mRNA subpopulations. mTOR is phosphorylated at Ser2448 via the PI3 kinase/Akt signaling pathway and autophosphorylated at Ser2481 (7,8). mTOR plays a key role in cell growth and homeostasis and may be abnormally regulated in tumors. For these reasons, mTOR is currently under investigation as a potential target for anti-cancer therapy (9).
- Sabers, C.J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 815-22.
- Brown, E.J. et al. (1994) Nature 369, 756-8.
- Sabatini, D.M. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 35-43.
- Gingras, A.C. et al. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 807-26.
- Dennis, P.B. et al. (2001) Science 294, 1102-5.
- Fang, Y. et al. (2001) Science 294, 1942-5.
- Navé, B.T. et al. (1999) Biochem J 344 Pt 2, 427-31.
- Peterson, R.T. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 7416-23.
- Huang, S. and Houghton, P.J. (2003) Curr Opin Pharmacol 3, 371-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5536 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 2976 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (49F9) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 2140 Rictor Antibody
- 3274 GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2691 PRAS40 (D23C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2610 PRAS40 Antibody
- 9904 Rapamycin
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 9205 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) Antibody
- 2211 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) Antibody
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.