Product Pathways - TGF-beta/Smad Signaling
MIS-R2 Antibody #4518
|W IP||H (Mk)||Transfected Only||75-85||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MIS-R2 Antibody detects transfected levels of human MIS-R2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu315 of human MIS-R2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The type II receptor for Müllerian inhibiting substance (MIS), also known as the anti-Müllerian hormone receptor 2 (AMHR2), binds a hormone-ligand that directs the incomplete development of Müllerian ducts in male embryos (1,2). MIS-R2 is a single transmembrane serine/threonine kinase receptor of the TGF-β receptor family involved in the phosphorylation of shared type 1 receptors and Smad transcriptional regulators (3,4). MIS produced by the fetal testis promotes the regression of Müllerian ducts that would otherwise differentiate into the uterus and fallopian tubes in the male fetus (5). Corresponding MIS-R2 gene mutations can cause persistent Müllerian duct syndrome type 2 (PMDS-2), a form of male pseudohermaphroditism characterized by a failure of Müllerian duct regression (6). The presence of MIS-R2 is observed in ovarian cancer cell lines that respond positively to treatment with recombinant MIS, suggesting that both receptor and ligand may be important therapeutic tools (7).
- Visser, J.A. et al. (1995) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 215, 1029-36.
- di Clemente, N. et al. (1994) Mol Endocrinol 8, 1006-20.
- Teixeira, J. et al. (1996) Endocrinology 137, 160-5.
- Gouédard, L. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 27973-8.
- Jamin, S.P. et al. (2002) Nat Genet 32, 408-10.
- Imbeaud, S. et al. (1996) Hum Mol Genet 5, 1269-77.
- Masiakos, P.T. et al. (1999) Clin Cancer Res 5, 3488-99.
- Meirelles, K. et al. (2012) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109, 2358-63. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.