Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb #4526
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of ATM only when phosphorylated at Ser1981.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser1981 of human ATM.
Ataxia telangiectasia mutated kinase (ATM) is a serine/threonine kinase that regulates cell cycle checkpoints and DNA repair (1). Activation of ATM by autophosphorylation on Ser1981 occurs in response to exposed DNA double stranded breaks. ATM kinase regulates a number of proteins involved in cell cycle checkpoint control, apoptosis, and DNA repair. Known substrates include p53, Chk2, Chk1, CtIP, 4E-BP1, BRCA1, RPA3, H2A.X, SMC1, FANCD2, Rad17, Artemis, Nbs1, and the I-2 regulatory subunit of PP1 (1,2). Mutations in the corresponding ATM gene result in ataxia telangiectasia (AT), an autosomal recessive disease characterized by uncoordinated muscle movement and neurodegeneration. Cells from AT patients display defective DNA damage-induced checkpoint activation, sensitivity to radiation, and a higher frequency of chromosome breakage (3,4).
- Lee, J.H. and Paull, T.T. (2007) Oncogene 26, 7741-8.
- Tang, X. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 2559-66.
- Shiloh, Y. (1997) Annu Rev Genet 31, 635-62.
- Petrini, J.H. (2000) Curr Opin Cell Biol 12, 293-6.
- Xu, X. et al. (2004) Microcephalin is a DNA damage response protein involved in regulation of CHK1 and BRCA1. Journal of Biological Chemistry 279, 34091-34094. Applications: Western Blotting
- Zhu, H. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e12055. Applications: Western Blotting
- Hawkes, W.C. et al. (2012) J Cell Biochem 113, 61-9. Applications: Western Blotting
- Niida, H. et al. (2010) Genes Dev 24, 333-8. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2873 ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb
- 2909 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate (4F7) Rabbit mAb
- 9947 DNA Damage Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 2790 ATR Antibody
- 2661 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
- 9284 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) Antibody
- 9286 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) (16G8) Mouse mAb
- 3001 Phospho-p95/NBS1 (Ser343) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
This product is sold under license, U.S. Patent Publication numbers 2003/0077661 and 2003/0157572, from St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.